Tuesday, December 20, 2011

O Holy Night Off! Round 2 Josh Groban vs. TSO

This I will have to explain. In the bracket you will notice that TSO got beat by Manheim in a close match. However, my friend Mike shared with me a link from another TSO OHN that clearly would have won the bracket, so I am giving them an exemption into the next round. The link to the TSO version with Phantom of the Opera star Michael Crawford singing is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRn6gsS2L8U . If you want to hear a high tenor sing the song, this is your dude (although he sings it so high, dude may not be the right word there). He sings it in D and the high note is A, the highest in the competition so far.
He goes up against Josh Groban. Here is a nice youtube version with clips from The Nativity movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zh-yR0pbmU . He sings it in B with the high note a nice F#. The version (a #1 seed) has the arpeggio piano, the verses, the dynamic vocal range, the Noel, but so does Crawford. So do you like your OHN sung by a baritione or tenor? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Josh Groban by a hair. Both are beautiful, but I prefer Groban's version.

    ReplyDelete