Sunday, December 5, 2010

O Holy Night Off - Round 1 - 'nSync vs. Kelly Clarkson

O Holy Night Off - Round 1 - P2 'nSync vs. P7 Kelly Clarkson

This is a first round a capella fist fight. Both of these have abandoned all musical instruments other than their voice and are going "mano a mano." I have to admit that the whole boy band thing has not been my cup of tea, so I am not necessarily an 'nSync fan (although Justin Timberlake is hilarious on SNL.) Yet, this cover of OHN is tight and fresh, and shows a large vocal range for the group.
Kelly Clarkson, of Idol fame, is a very brave girl, beginning her version a capella all by her lonesome, only to get some backup half way through. Clarkson's version is more soulful than the 'nSync version, with her lead being better than nSync's lead (which one was singing lead? idk), but I think the background stylings of nSync is better than Clarkson's, which makes this a tossup. Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't care for 'nSync's intro at all. Clarkson gets all the style points. I say Clarkson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not crazy about either one, but if I had to vote, I would have to give Kelly Clarkson the edge. Just my personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete