Saturday, December 11, 2010

O Holy Night Off - Round 1 Mahalia Jackson vs. Patti LaBelle

O Holy Night Off - Round 1 - RB 4 Mahalia Jackson vs. RB5 Patti LaBelle

I am sorry about this match. This is really no contest. Mahalia Jackson may be one of the best voices of the 20th century, and Patti LaBelle, who normally brings it, has one of the worst versions ever. Please, if I never hear a drum machine again, it will be too soon. You can tell me what you think, but if you say that you like Patti LaBelle's OHN better, I will think less of you.

3 comments:

  1. Why don't you just tell us what you really think? I think I could learn to play a drum machine. So if I could learn to play a drum machine, and if I got invited to play it in Carnegie Hall, and I paid your way, you wouldn't come to New York City to hear it? Really? Well, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would come to New York City with you, but when you began the performance, I would sneak out and go to another show. But we could meet for dinner afterwards. Plus one plays a drum machine like one plays a metronome, and it sounds about as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan, I am glad that you won't think less of me.

    ReplyDelete