Monday, December 20, 2010

O Holy Night Off! Round 1 - Charlotte Church vs. Luciano Pavoratti

O Holy Night Off - Round 1 - IC2 Charlotte Church vs. IC7 Luciano Pavoratti

This round one matchup features two world-class voices. Charlotte Church has a unique soprano voice, and does a masterful job with this cover. The critique that I have of the cover though is the background music. It was a distraction from the voice.
Pavoratti has a just-as unique tenor voice, and also does a masterful job. He is backed up by the London Philharmonic (not a bad backup band if you can secure thier services.) I think I like the Pavoratti better. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. While not a fan of either artist and not really liking either version, I will call it a tie. Sorry Nathan, you are right back where you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog, Goldie, started howling while Charlotte Church was hitting those high notes, so maybe it there were sounds going on that were out my range of hearing. I say go with anyone who can sing in more than one language. His backup band was incredible. I think I detected some oboe there, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete