Saturday, December 4, 2010

O Holy Night Off Round 1 - The Carpenters vs. Glee Cast - Lea Michelle

Round 1 P4 The Carpenters vs. P5 Glee Cast - Lea Michelle
This recording from the Carpenters was shown as a popular download on iTunes and Amazon, so I threw it into the competition, and it turns out, is a instrumental version of the song. It is not a bad instrumental at all, and has some nice piano. The version from "Glee" is a great cover from a show that I happen to enjoy watching (you can relate to the show if you ever did band or choir in high school). The show keeps the piano arpeggios which is consistent with the more classical arrangement of the song. Lea Michelle's voice is outstanding, and the arrangement is not tricked up so much that that is lost. So, I am seeing a mild upset here, the Carpenters version might be too elevator for me. But I could have my mind changed. If you agree or disagree, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. You, sir, are 2 for 2. Carpenters should have been in Steamroller/Trans Siberian bracket. They would lose there, too.

    ReplyDelete