Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bracket and Methodology



The O Holy Night Off is about to begin.
Above is the bracket I made for the competition. The bracket is divided into 4 "regions";Pop, Country/Christian, R&B, and Instrumental/Classical. The seeding for each of the artists is based on a number of factors, including popularity of the cover of the song on the Amazon and iTunes list and general popularity of the artist, as well as other convoluted reasons not unlike the backdoor deals made in the NCAA basketball bracket in March. Suggestions that others made on who should be in or out was considered and I think I got most everyone in (but no Vanilla Ice, sorry.)
Each match will be a post on this blog. The match will be posted, and general commentary will be posted by me, and then you will have an opportunity to post agreement or rebuttals on this blog or on the facebook post. Then after a few hours, the winner will be declared and will move on. I will repost the bracket after each round. Any questions can be directed to this blog, and although I will try to answer each question asked, understand that in the end this is purely a subjective venture and in the end I am the judge and jury. Good luck to our contestants and let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment